Black Lives Matter: 500 Words story-writing competition
There is still time to enter a story-writing competition designed to get children thinking about the issues emerging from the Black Lives Matter movement.
500 Words is the world’s largest story-writing competition for children. Over a million stories have been submitted since 2011, in response to everything from technology to climate change.
Children aged from 5 to 13 are invited to take part in the latest competition by drawing on their own experiences and feelings to create a story that can be as imaginative and visionary as they want.
500 Words: Black Lives Matter -
- Please respond to the themes and issues emerging from the Black Lives Matter movements across the world with an original story in 500 words or fewer
- Anyone can enter within two age ranges: 5 to 9 and 10 to 13
- Entry is open to children of all backgrounds and ethnicity
- The competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 3rd July 2020
- An adult will need to submit the story on behalf of the student. Parents/carers can do this via the online submission form.