Topics covered with Year 12 Psychology include the following:
Obedience, compliance and minority vs. majority
Approaches in Psychology:
Behaviourism, cognitive, psychodynamic, humanist, biological
Types of attachment, effects of attachment on adult behaviour, maternal deprivation
Types of memory, reasons for forgetting, accuracy of eyewitness testimony
Part 1: Experimental method
- Scientific approaches to conducting psychological research
Part 2: Scientific processes
- How to set up studies, how to apply them to the general public
Part 3: Data handling and analysis
- Statistical analysis of data
Topics covered within Year 13 Psychology include the following:
- Abnormal behaviours, OCD, phobias, depression, treatment options, CBT etc.
Impact of the body on psychological
behaviour including neurotransmitters, hormones and genetic inheritance.
Issues and Debates:
- Free will vs determinism, individual vs collective.
- Attraction, what makes you attractive to others, maintenance of relationships, breakdown of relationships, why don’t relationships last, para-socialism, online dating, rules of engagement.
- Evolutionary reasons why we are aggressive, advantages of being aggressive, impact of media and online, de-individualisation,